DONATING BY CHECK / POSTAL MAIL
If you prefer to donate via US mail, please address envelopes to:
Center for Latino Progress
95 Park Street, 2nd Floor
Hartford, CT 06106
* Make all checks payable to ‘Center for Latino Progress’
Any amount helps, but here’s what specific donation levels can support.
- $25: Prevent bicycle theft. Enough for a quality bicycle lock.
- $60: Keep the lights on and pay rent. Enough for one hour of staffed workshop time.
- $240: Education is key. Enough for 4 class hours of certified safety instruction.
- $500: Boost job access. Enough to tuneup two Bikes for Jobs for referred participants in that program.
- $2,000: Keep the doors open. Enough to cover facility costs for one month.
- $5,000: Brighten the future of our youth. Sponsor the BIKE LIFE – Hartford! event.
Restoring donated bicycles to working condition is at the core of BiCi Co.’s mission. We repurpose used bikes and put them back into our community through diverse programs and used bike sales.
Please note: BiCi Co. has limited storage space and cannot always accept donations. BiCi Co. does not pick up bicycle donations.
Keep an eye out for announcements on our e-newsletter list and Facebook page about bicycle donation drives.
To help us manage our program costs, storage, and needs we have three considerations for bike donations:
- Please only donate bike that are in good serviceable condition. If the bike is rusted, bent or damaged, it can cost us more to repair, store, and dispose of the bike than is feasible given our small budget.
- Please only donate bikes that were purchased from a bike shop, not a department store. Department store bikes and “Amazon bikes” are frequently built poorly, and use non-standard parts that cannot be fixed of replaced (e.g., Hyper, Mongoose, Roadmaster, Huffy).
- Consider accompanying your bike donation with a financial contribution of $5 to $50 per bike. Warehousing and repair are a significant portion of our operating costs. With financial support we’re able to work with more people and provide higher quality programs.
BICYCLE PART AND TOOL DONATIONS
Keeping BiCi Co. organized is an every day struggle. If you are bringing bicycle parts to donate, please sort them first and determine if they are good quality parts. We have a lot of used bicycle parts on hand, and do not need any low quality parts from “Big Box Store” bikes. Similarly, we can sometimes use donated tools (in good condition), but not worn out or low quality tools.
DONATING CLEAN RAGS
Cotton cloth, towels, and rags are a constant consumable in the shop. Rather than buying new rags, we’d much rather use (CLEAN) recycled towels, dish towels, or cotton t-shirts, etc. Cotton fabric please. And we need rags pre-cut into “dish towel” size – approximately 1ft x 2ft. Do not bring us a bag of dirty laundry.
860-269-0004: Not sure? Call us first (during shop hours), if you have questions about a donation, and whether a particular donation would be helpful.
For more ways to donate (example – corporate memberships), please contact us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
The Center for Latino Progress – CPRF is a 501(c)(3) organization with Federal Tax ID 06-1385027. Historically, the Center for Latino Progress was the Connecticut Puerto Rican Forum. Your charitable donation is tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.