If you prefer to donate via US mail, please address envelopes to:
Center for Latino Progress – CPRF
95 Park Street, 2nd Fl.
Hartford, CT 06106
* Make all checks payable to ‘Center for Latino Progress – CPRF’
Any amount helps, but here’s what specific donation levels can support.
- $20: Prevent bicycle theft. Enough for a quality bicycle lock.
- $40: Keep the lights on and pay rent. Enough for one hour of staffed workshop time.
- $200: Education is key. Enough for 4 class hours of certified safety instruction.
- $500: Boost job access. Enough to tuneup five bicycles that Hartford residents ride to work.
- $1,000: Keep the doors open. Enough to cover facility costs for one month.
- $5,000: Brighten the future of our youth. Sponsor the BIKE LIFE – Hartford! event.
What are you waiting for? Donate here.
BICYCLE & BIKE PART DONATIONS
Restoring donated bicycles to working condition is at the core of BiCi Co.’s mission. We repurpose used bikes and put them back into our community through diverse programs and used bike sales.
Please note: BiCi Co. has limited storage space and cannot always accept donations. BiCi Co. does not pick up bicycle donations.
Keep an eye out for announcements on our e-newsletter list and Facebook page about bicycle donation drives.
To help us manage our program costs, storage, and needs we have three considerations for bike donations:
1. Please only donate bike that are in good serviceable condition. If the bike is rusted, bent or damaged, it can cost us more to repair, store, and dispose of the bike than is feasible given our small budget.
2. Please only donate bikes that were purchased from a bike shop, not a department store. Department store bikes are frequently built poorly, and use non-standard parts that cannot be fixed of replaced (e.g., Hyper, Mongoose, Roadmaster, Huffy).
3. Please consider accompanying your bike donation with a financial contribution of $40/ bike. Warehousing and repair are a significant portion of our operating costs. With accompanying financial support, we’re able to work with more young people and provide higher quality programs.
For more ways to donate (example – corporate memberships), please contact Center for Latino Progress Development Program Manager, Joseph Dickerson, (860) 269-0004, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Center for Latino Progress – CPRF is a 501(c)(3) organization with Federal Tax ID 06-1385027. Your charitable donation is tax deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law.