BiCi Co. is a community resource — and it needs your help to thrive.
Volunteers are critical to sustaining BiCi Co. programs.
We’re looking for people to share their passion for biking and mechanic skills with Hartford youth and BiCi Co. members trying to take care of their own bicycles.
You don’t have to be a master mechanic to volunteer. You can shadow an experienced mechanic to build your skills. Soon you’ll be showing others how to change a tire and more! Contact the Shop Manager to get more information about volunteering, or just stop by the shop at 97 Park Street during DIY Member Hours.
Can’t spare the time to volunteer? Donate today.
Just want access to the shop to repair your own bike? Become a member.
- DIY Hour Mechanics and Mechanic Trainees – All skill levels welcome to learn and skill share.
- DIY Hour Welcome and Check-in Volunteer – Welcome DIY hour attendees, explain membership and how things work, tidy up the space and keep things orderly.
- Earn-a-Bike Assistants – Fall 2016, Thursdays and Saturdays 5:30-8:30pm. Work with teens on bicycle maintenance and repair. Some basic bicycle maintenance skill preferred.
- League Cycling Instructor Volunteers for Bike Safety Courses – Volunteers assist BiCi Co. staff with helmet fit, parking lot drills, bike rodeos, safety workshops, and road rides. Certified Cycling Instructors have taken an intensive 3-day training with the League of American Bicyclists.
- Special Events – BiCi Co. needs extra help with special events (like bike valet parking) from time to time. If you’re on our volunteer email list, you’ll hear about these needs.
- Get in the Loop – Those interested in volunteering can send their contact info to email@example.com to join our email list.