Get in on BikeLIFE!
(1) Register and pay $20;
(2) Complete a bicycle safety class during the week;
(3) Pick up your helmet, lock, lights, and bike on Saturday, April 14th
At BiCi Co, we’re all about that Hartford #BikeLIFE! All over the city, all over our world. We trade parts and make friends. The challenge is the ride, and riding a wheelie is when you know you’ve made it.
BikeLIFE – HARTFORD! brings together youth and the community for a week of bicycles and celebrations with a culminating festival from 12-4pm, Saturday, April 14th at BiCi Co. and Hudson St Park (95 Park St / 389 Hudson St, Hartford, CT).
Youth (8-19 yrs old) must complete a bicycle safety course during the week to receive a FREE bicycle with helmet, lights, and a lock. Volunteer bike mechanics will be onsite to install brakes, lights, and reflectors on bikes during the festival.
We’ll also have the BiCi Co parts bins open with items for for sale. Check out the frames, components and accessories from our shop.
To qualify for a FREE bike, each youth must complete one of five safety courses. All courses are from 10am-12pm during Hartford School’s Spring Break week (April 9-13):
1. Mon, April 9th: BiCi Co. (95 Park St)
2. Tue, April 10th: Artists Collective (1200 Albany Ave)
3. Wed, April 11th: Arroyo Center (30 Pope Park Dr)
4. Thu, April 12th: Parker Memorial Center (2621 Main St)
5. Fri, April 13th: Metzner Community Center (682 Franklin Ave)
While only youth ages 8-19 are eligible for a bicycle but we invite all ages including parents and siblings to attend the bicycle safety classes and the BikeLIFE Festival on Saturday.